How do I apply?
Applicants to the McNair Scholars Program apply concurrently to the Scholars program in October of each year.
Check back next fall for the 2020 application.
McNair Students at End of Year Holiday Dinner Celebration
- Discipline-specific faculty mentoring
- Comprehensive research seminar
- $2800 summer research stipend
- National recognition
- Graduate school preparation and funding advisement
- GRE fee reduction waivers and GRE preparation workshops including study materials
- Travel support to present research at nationally recognized research conferences
- Supportive network of McNair Scholars
- Graduate programs/schools visits
- Opportunity to publish in peer-reviewed journals
- Participation in cultural events and social gatherings
- Strong academic records (recommended minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA)
- U.S. citizenship or U.S. permanent residency
- Be either a first-generation & low-income college student or belong to a group traditionally underrepresented in higher education
The McNair Scholars Program is supported by the Department of Education and established in memory of Dr. Ronald E. McNair, a physicist and NASA astronaut who served on the Challenger space shuttle.